Universal understanding spoken in different languages:
si -Spanish; oui – French; oo/opo -Tagalog; enyanh -Ojibway; e’he’ – Cree;
Webster’s Dictionary defines ‘Yes’ simply as an affirmative reply.
Today, Yes, is being used in all aspects of life as an affirmation or expression that we have done something good or as form of thanksgiving.
- Tiger Woods’ recent victory after making a long putt that ultimately proved the winning shot of the tournament. In jubilation, Woods stretched-out his right hand in the air, like a fist-pump, lifted his right foot as well, and yelled ‘Yes!’; Of course, the fans were swept by this gesture of ‘yes,’ that you can hear and see that they also were drawn to express their own ‘yesses’ and went where Tiger was rejoicing, relishing his first championship after being sidelined with back injuries and surgeries for several years;
- In other sports, when players have to make points or goals, players often execute various forms of jubilant reaction – pointing their index finger towards heaven, kissing air towards the crowd, or doing a flip in the middle of the field or court, while saying or shouting ‘Yes!’
- Spanish tennis sensation, Rafael Nadal, to my mind, has the most expressive victory manner – emphatically executing a hard fist-pump and yelling ‘yes!’
As for me, I have made it a ‘yes’ in all the things I do… even when I answer the phone, I say yes…when I call, I say yes. This is because it makes a difference to the one who hears it and to the one who speaks.
When you say, ‘hell-o, hell-o!’ then hell easily breaks loose when there is a misunderstanding – yes, even when I’m cooking or engaged in anything. Yes is a form of thanksgiving. As if you’re saying, ‘Yes Lord, I could not have done it without your help.’ A thankful person is a happy person because he/she recognizes that everything we receive and enjoy comes from Him. (John 15:5…says, “Apart from me you can do nothing.’)
To say Yes to Jesus Christ is to enter upon a lifetime of adventure. As Jesus says, “I have come that man may have life, and may have it in all its fullness –(John 10:10)
Christianity is a Yes or No religion. Indeed, the Bible itself begins with the great affirmation by God of all creation, which includes man: “All that God saw He made was very good” (Genesis 1:31). And this passage has its echo in the New Testament…”For the Son of God, Jesus Christ…was not Yes or No, but in Him was always Yes. ‘For all the promises of God, we find Yes in Him’ – (2 Corinthians 1:19)
Jesus Christ is God’s Yes to each one of us. What will be your response to Him will it be a Yes or will it be a No? This is the level on which the Bible operates.
Yes, my dear reader friends, when you say, YES, to Jesus Christ, God will provide you with courage to meet what life thrusts upon you (Philippians 4:19)…”And my God shall provide all your need according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”
The bottom line of faith remains the willingness to say YES to God in one’s life. (Hebrews 11:6)…”And without faith in Christ it is impossible to please God.”
YES, this kind of faith is a living, daily moment to moment, personal thing – ‘ our new life has come, phrased by St.Paul of being in Christ (Galatians 2:20)…”I no longer live but Christ lives in me; the life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me, to live in Christ and to die is gain (Romans 8:9)…”that the spirit of God dwell in you.”
- NIV (Matthew 5:37) – Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’ and your ‘No’, No…anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
- NIV (2Timothy 3:12) – Yes, and all that will live in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
- NIV (James 5:12) – Let your Yes be Yes and No, No, lest you fail into condemnation.
- KJV (Psalm 23:4) – Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me.
- KJV (Psalm 116:5) – Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; Yea/Yes, our God is merciful.
- KJV (Romans 3:4) – God forbid, Yea/Yes, let God be true, but every man a liar.
- KJV (Matthew 21:16) – Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have you never read, out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou has perfected praise?
- KJV (job 11:15) – Yea thou shall be steadfast and shall be secure, because that is hope, Yea thou shall take thy rest in safety.
- KJV (job 22:25) – Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defense.
- NIV (Romans 3:29) – Is God the God of the Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles…Yes of Gentiles too, verse 30 – since there is only one God.
Thank you so much, my dear reader friends…I sincerely hope you enjoyed our little conversation…should you wish to hear more, please feel free to contact me at 204-615-7268. God Bless You All!