Things not to worry about:
- Don’t worry about popular opinion
- Don’t worry about the past
- Don’t worry about the future
- Don’ worry about anybody getting ahead of you
- Don’t worry about failure unless it comes through your own fault
- Don’t worry about disappointments (do everything with a good heart, expecting nothing I return and you’ll never be disappointed)
Note: Worrying won’t stop the bad things from happening…it just stops you from enjoying the good
- Don’t worry be happy (popular song)
- I don’t worry about the future…I just live from day to day…Life is worth the living because He lives and He holds tomorrow (hymn)
- In his hand He’s got the whole world…in His hand He’s got you and me brother/sister in His hand…He’s got the whole world in His hand…(Majellah Jackson)
- Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow/future(Scripture)
- For tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough troubles of its own (Mark 6:24)
Five (5) Things To Quit…Right Now!
- Trying to please everyone
- Fearing change
- Living in the past
- Putting yourself down
- Overthinking what’s going to be in the future
(Galatians1:10) Am I now trying to win the approval of man or of God…or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of God.
(Philippians 4:13) I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
(Psalm 103:12) As far as the east is from the west so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Note: No past is so shameful that God cannot make it beautiful (1 John 1:9) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
**Forget the past…do not think of the future…do a good present.
(Romans 8:16) We are God’s children… (8:17) Heirs of God and joint heirs of Jesus.
(Philippians 4:4/6-7) Rejoice in the Lord always, be not anxious about anything (verse 7)…and the peace of God…shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- Let bygones be bygones/forgive and forget the past
- A forgiving heart is a heathy/happy heart
- When times are good, be happy…but when times are bad, consider God has made the one as well as the other, therefore, a man cannot discover about his/her future…
- The happy man who fears God will avoid all extremes…
- Happy are those whose hearts are shaped by their hopes not by their hurts.
- Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed…happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
- Happy moments, Praise God (Psalm 16:11)
- Quiet moments, Worship God (Isiah 30:15)
- Difficult moments, Trust God (Psalm 31:14-15)
- Painful moments, Seek God (1 Chronicle 23:9)
- Every moment, Thanks God (Ephesians 5:20)
- ___ Seize the moment (2 Corinthians 6:1-2)
(Psalm 16:11) you will fill me joy/happiness in your presence…
(Isiah 30:15) In quietness and confidence shall be your strength
(Psalm 31:14-15) I trust in you Lord, you are my God, my times are in your hands
(1 Chronicles 28:9) if you ask him…with all your heart, He will be found by you
(Ephesians 5:20) Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
(2 Corinthians 6:1-2) we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain…verse 7 – I tell you now is the time of God’s favour
Note: creativity maximized when you are living in the moment
Things to Think about and do
- Whatever things are true/right
- Whatever things are honest
- Whatever things are just
- Whatever things are pure/lovely
- Whatever things are noble/of good report, if there be any praise think on these things and do and the peace of God will be with you
Yes, dear reader friends…let it be today…make a life changing experience with God…our lives will be much easier if we willingly accept His leading…put your trust and hope completely to our God no matter what happens, so what if everything that I want doesn’t happen in this earthly life, I will live eternally in bliss forever…anyways (Psalm 23) the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want…verse 6 – surely goodness and mercy shall follow all the days of my life and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever…
2018 – make it a point to incorporate all these activities daily in your life and more…work/play/bathe/laugh/smile/read/study/dance/sing/give/receive/share/save/trust/love/ care/show respect/sing/be grateful/be positive/giggle/always tell the truth/give hugs/be nice/ delight/ listen/see beauty/have fun-enjoy the remaining days of your earthly life high on happiness by living it, try new things, a total immersion to life offers the best classroom for growing in love and joy
Be kinder than necessary…for everyone you meet is not burden free, all are fighting some kind of a battle…kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world, though you don’t look like it…
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly…leave the rest to God…life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…it is about learning to dance in the rain…
- The Lord uses us to whisper wisdom to peoples’ ears
- Living an imperfect life and still qualify to give instruction
- Keep warmth in your voice to show people that you care
- Speak from the heart, confidence and sincerity gives you a radiance so that people listen to you with pleasure
Dear Reader Friends, it is hoped that these words and reminders stimulate you to wholesome thinking translated then to actions that will bring about your own happiness.
A Prayer: Lord, come to my help, send me your Holy Spirit, take my soul and give it peace…preserve me from faithless fears and worldly anxieties…help me to find delight in simple things…make possible for me by grace what is impossible to me by nature, you know that I am not able to endure very much…and I am downcast by the slightest difficulty…O God, give me faith that will protect me from despair…from passion and all that is vile…give me that peace and power which flow you…keep me in all perplexities and distresses…give me such love for you as it will blot out all hatred and bitterness…give me the hope that will deliver from fear…give me the strength of body, soul, spirit that I may live a life so upheld by your power and stayed on the rock of your faithfulness…Amen. MAY YOU, MY DEAR READER FRIENDS HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!! You can contact me at (204) 615-7268